Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'm Always Dreaming of You



My husband's tween nieces adore and idolize Justin Bieber.  The way they are crazy about Justin reminds me that long time ago I was crazy for another singer just like that, and his name is Tommy Page. Where is he now??  I forgot when I lost interest in any singer, or when I had stopped paying attention to any pop idols.  Anyway, I remember hustling my father to buy me this CD from one of  Hong Kong's most popular female singers because she recorded an English duet with Tommy Page on that CD....Now that I watch the MTV again, it looks so cliché to me.  This MTV is one of those early Hong Kong MTVs that was shot in Shanghai China.  Both Shanghai and myself have changed so much since then.  Time really waits for nobody.  Life moves on so fast it feels like a dream.

6 comments:

  1. That was a nice duet. I checked his songs out on youtube and most are slow, romantic types which I like. I don't remember ever hearing his name though, but I'm not good at names anyway unless it's someone really famous like Michael Jackson. Tommy is a cute guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think Tommy Page was very handsome:) Tommy Page was the only male American singer I knew besides Michael Jackson:)

      Delete
  2. I think Justin Beiber is a *horrible* role model.
    I myself had a crush on James Garner. He just passed away. I used to love Tom Brokaw too. That was when I was little little. When I was a tween/teen it was David Duchovny.

    Good times. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that Justin Bieber was a horrible role model but he is hugely popular for reasons I don't know. I remember when I was a tween, my grandma always sighed, "The world had changed to the worse. You girls had tossed good standards and traditions out into the window! " Now I'm feeling exactly the same by looking at Justin Beiber and Kim Kardashian. Am I becoming a change resistant old lady like my grandmother? Oh no...

      Delete
  3. I can see why you had a crush on him. He was really cute and I really enjoyed listening to the song. I'm trying to remember who I had a major crush on as a tween and I honestly can't recall any singer that I liked. I can remember an actor that I thought was absolutely gorgeous, though. I used to love a show called the Hardy Boys and I never missed an episode. My first Hollywood crush was Parker Stevenson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My crush changed many times as I was growing up so I also don't remember exactly which celebrities I had a crush on. I only remembered Tommy Page was one of them when I stumbled upon the MTV on Youtube:)

      Delete