Monday, July 28, 2014

How Chinese Guys in Hong Kong Feel About Chinese Girls...

Many Americans may  think that in a nation where everybody are of the same ethnicity, there is no discrimination or stereotyping. Wrong.   However funny the following video is,  I have to admit that there is some truth to it.  The Chinese men in Hong Kong classify Chinese girls there into Hong Kong Girls, American Born Chinese girls (ABC), and Mainland Chinese girls....and the following video comically shows how we compare  in their hearts. I think it's hilarious and there is certain truth to it....No, we aren't offended but we find it very funny because this sort of comparison of which "kind" of Chinese is better than the other "kind"  happens all the time.  I really love the following funny video, and  I do see  myself a little bit there :P... I can't speak for the ABC girl or the Mainland girl though.

P.S.:  The Mainland Chinese Girl in the video wanted the boyfriend to take her to a buffet at The Peninsula, the hotel is known for its pricey dining in Hong Kong.  It's true that the majority of Hong Kong girls and Mainland Chinese girls won't want to split the dinner bill with their dates, or boyfriend.   I personally never did and Chinese men in Hong Kong would not even dream of suggesting bill splitting on a date. 


4 comments:

  1. Stereotyping in China? I had no idea, but that was hilarious. I really enjoyed that video... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Chinese are known to be very divided people despite the fact that we are of the same race. Stereotyping and conflicts among the Chinese people is not unusual. A very funny video indeed:)

      Delete
  2. I think that happens here too. I've heard guys compare "cali girls" to "southern" and "midwestern."
    I've even had some guy assume that because I was from the North East, that I was uptight. He was southern by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many things are really universal:)

      Delete